Monday, October 29, 2012

MIA for Two Days!

I'm not going to start this post off by saying, "Sorry I haven't posted in two days", but rather I'm going to say, "My life gets busy and I'm absent minded so just deal with it!"

Where the heck did this weekend go?  Are you sure today isn't just a ruse or some government conspiracy?  I'm pretty sure I don't remember having a Saturday this weekend.  Oh wait, right, worked a 13 hour shift...that's why I missed it LOL.

Had a great and busy day at work Saturday selling lots of make up and accessory items and slowly watching our daily totals eek towards our goal.  Made the minimum goal by the end of the night, but not nearly the goal we'd hoped for as our high end goal.

It was a little sad as there were some employees that were working their last shift and I likely won't see again until next year if they and/or I decide to return.  It's always interesting how you get used to seeing people.  Sometimes I wish I worked with a bunch of people that were boring just so I wouldn't miss them when they are all done.  This weekend will be the hardest as it's my last shift and I likely won't see any of these "kids" any time soon.

I find it a bit refreshing to work with younger kids (mind you these "kids" are ranging from 15 - 25), but also a bit frustrating.  You begin to think, "Was I really like that just 5-10 short years ago?" Then you think, "Oh My God...I was just actually able to say 5-10 years ago and it still doesn't cover high school!" LOL  Life...you are so funny sometimes.  I like to reminisce about when I was at that age and I didn't have any kids or major life commitments.  I was attending university and staying up until all hours of the night just chit chatting with my friends.  Heck...the thought of staying up past 11 these days is just too daunting for this old heart LOL.

I really do miss the freedom of not having kids.  I miss not being able to forget about eating a meal without somebody whining the ever present "I'm Hungry" in my ear.  I miss the spontaneity of life without kids.  Not that I did a whole lot, but it was time for me.  There is no me time any more.  I miss not having to hide my "treats" from the kids and the ability to be who I am and say what I'm thinking without fear of little ears hearing and, God forbid, repeating!  *sigh*

Let's not dwell on what I miss.  I'll tell you what I love.  I love being missed!  I love big hugs and kisses and someone to love me no matter what.  I love little concerned faces when mommy is having a nervous breakdown and crying in the middle of the living room.  I love the hilarious things that my kids do.  I love being surprised by what comes out of their mouths.  I love gaining a new respect for all the things my mom did for me as a kid.  I love hearing compliments from a school teacher and encouraging words from friends that I wouldn't have met without having my kids.  I love being able to vent and bounce ideas off of other parents facing similar life circumstances.  I love just being able to be present now.

Then lets not forget the things I'm thankful for.  I'm thankful for dirty laundry because it means my kids have clothes to wear.  I'm thankful for dirty dishes because it means we have food to eat.  There was a time in our life where we didn't have those things.  We have had to rely on the food bank and the Christmas fund before.  It takes a lot of humility to accept those services, and I've been thankful each year since that we haven't had to use them.  I try my hardest to donate an item here or there to these services because I know what it's like.  I've been there and I hope I don't have to go back.

Well...I'm off to be thankful for my laundry again so I'll write some more when this senile brain remembers too ;)  Remember to take care of yourself today and find at least one thing you're thankful for!

No comments:

Post a Comment