Sunday, January 6, 2013

Serenity Sunday

It was a calm morning as my oldest was away at a sleepover, and my son was whisked away to grandma's house for his own sleepover.  It's a really surreal feeling to wake up at 7:15 to a quiet and empty house.  I found myself holding back a few tears as it's just sad to think that the little ones are growing up enough to be away overnight from mom and dad.  Or maybe I was trying to hold back the tears from the fact that I had no kids in the house and I was STILL up at 7:15 AM.  

It was so nice to be able to attend church this morning.  My son was there as he came with grandma, but we got there at such a time that the kids were only with us in the sanctuary for about 5 minutes before they were dismissed to Sunday School.  It was nice to sit in a quiet sanctuary and enjoy listening to the music and being able to focus on the sermon.  Today it was about giving up everything on earth to gain our heavenly treasure. 


I found myself surrounded by serenity today and as my first ever Serenity Sunday post, I found it only fitting to share the Serenity Prayer with you.

God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change; 
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.
Living one day at a time; 
Enjoying one moment at a time; 
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace; 
Taking, as He did, this sinful world
as it is, not as I would have it; 
Trusting that He will make all things
right 
if I surrender to His Will;
That I may be reasonably happy in this life 
and supremely happy with Him
Forever in the next.
Amen.

Whether you believe in God or not, it is still important to be reminded to not stress about things that we cannot change, and even us believers need to be reminded of this OFTEN.  

Blessing to you all!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing, we definitely need to find that place where we can rest in his peace. Blessings. Amanda

    ReplyDelete