Saturday, January 5, 2013

Saturday Surprise - Movie Review

Growing up, I loved reading, until it was a requirement at school that is.  I can distinctly remember NOT reading the required books for most of my English classes from 9th grade until 11th grade when I actually enjoyed reading the required books.  Some of the books I distinctly remember NOT reading were The Scarlet Letter, The Good Earth, and The Great Gatsby.  Huh, now that my love for reading has returned I should probably reattempt these books.  There are 2 books, however, that I remember reading.  They are Lord of the Flies (which I actually wouldn't mind reading again) and The Hobbit.

The Hobbit sticks out in my mind the most because I can remember crying when one of the characters dies.  I couldn't believe how involved in the story I had actually become.  I hadn't felt that way ever about a book.  I can remember watching the animated Hobbit movie growing up and both myself and my siblings really liked it.  My favourite part was always anything with Gollum in it.  He was just that weird and creepy character.  I also liked the part when they were all captured by the spiders.  I went out of my way to purchase that movie and have shown it several times to my own children and they too enjoy it, mostly.

I was excited to go and see the hobbit tonight with my husband, but alas, we decided not to go see it.

SURPRISE!!!

We instead spent a wonderful evening in eating cake and watching the movie Pitch Perfect.  It's a romantic comedy about a collegiate acapella group and it was a great movie.  I love that the humour was just sprinkled throughout in the right amounts.  I could have however done with a little less vomiting   This is a great light movie to watch and still gets you swooning near the end.  A great movie for both a "date" night or a girls night.  You should see it!  Pitch Perfect is out now on DVD!

1 comment:

  1. Well hubby said he would download the movie for me awhile back. Now I'm not so sure with the mention of so much vomiting! I'm glad you had a nice quiet evening.

    ReplyDelete